Course Registration Information for the Mid-Career Master of Science in Information Management Degree Program (MSIM)
Registration Procedures and Information
UW Professional & Continuing Education (UW PCE) is the contact for students registering for courses as part of the self-sustaining graduate programs: Full-Time MSIM, Mid-Career MSIM, Online MLIS and Residential MLIS programs. At the time of registration, UW PCE will collect tuition and fees for coursework and UW services such as registration, services and activities, and technology resources. To register, see How to Register below.
The Autumn Quarter 2013 cost per graduate credit for the Mid-Career Master of Science in Information Management degree program is $705. Students also pay the services and activities fee, a $42 registration fee each quarter and, with the exception of Summer Quarter, a technology fee.
Below is a brief description of other relevant information and services:
- Payment, or a letter authorizing payment by a third party (e.g., the UW PCE Payment Agreement form for those using financial aid), must be received at the time of registration. Fees are paid quarter-by-quarter. To avoid late fees, payment must be received prior to the first day of the quarter. Students are not registered without payment or a letter authorizing payment.
- The payment amount must include the total tuition, technology fee, services and activities fee, and a $42 nonrefundable, quarterly registration fee.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid may be available to students who have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more information on eligibility, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at 206-543-6101. Disbursement of financial aid funds from the University Student Accounts office to UW Professional & Continuing Education is not automated. In order to facilitate the registration process, students with approved or pending financial aid through the Office of Student Financial Aid must sign and submit a UW PCE Payment Agreement Form (which is available as part of the UW PCE online registration system) with their registrations. Payment of the invoice is due one week after the funds from financial aid are released. Note: International students are not eligible for Federal Student Financial Aid and should not use the online Payment Agreement form to register.
- Third-Party Payment: For many working professionals, employers function as third-party payers. If your tuition is being paid by your employer, a separate document (purchase order or letter of authorization to bill from the employer) must be presented at the time of registration. Those utilizing third-party payments may not register using the UW PCE online registration system.
- Student ID Card: The University of Washington issues each student a permanent ID card (Husky card), which may be picked up on campus at an ID Center. You will need to know your student number and present photo identification to claim your card.
- Quarterly U-PASS: Beginning autumn 2011, U-PASS Powered By ORCA became a universal program for all students who pay Other Required Fees, including students in online degree programs. The U-PASS fee will be automatically charged by UW Student Fiscal Services. Important instructions regarding the U-PASS, its activation and use, and payment deadlines are on the Commuter Services website.
Important Note: The quarterly U-PASS fee will separately appear in your student “Tuition Account Balance” section of MyUW. You will not receive a mailed or e-mailed bill for the U-PASS fee. Payment is due to UW Student Fiscal Services by the third Friday of each quarter.
- Student Health Insurance Plans: If you are enrolling in the optional Student Health Insurance Plan, you need to do so by the seventh calendar day of the quarter through MyUW. You will be billed separately for this. Insurance fees and account balances are also available on MyUW. You will find more information about this plan on the UW Web site.
- Payment for the Student Health Insurance Plans and other optional fees will be billed separately through the University fiscal services, with payment due on the third Friday of the quarter.
- The cost of textbooks is not included with the cost of tuition.
- The University's tuition exemption policy does not apply to this program.
- Withdrawals and Course Changes: For information on dates and policies regarding withdrawals and course changes, please see the Academic Calendar on the UW Web site. Requests to drop courses must be submitted in writing to UW PCE Registration at email@example.com.
- Accommodations for Disabilities: To request disability accommodations, contact the UW Disability Services Office as early as possible at 206-543-6450.
- Cancellations and Changes: UW Professional & Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel programs or classes with low enrollment. Please note: Fees and tuition are subject to change.
Payment (or, for students receiving financial aid, the UW PCE Payment Agreement form) is due at the time of registration. There is a $25 late fee beginning the first day of the term: September 25, 2013. Students receiving financial aid through the UW Student Financial Aid Office must pay in full within one week after the financial aid has been disbursed. There is a $75 petition fee beginning October 9, 2013.
To receive a 100% refund, minus the $42 registration fee, you must send a written request to withdraw by October 1, 2013. To receive a 50% refund, the written request must be received by October 24, 2013.
Students receiving financial aid through the UW Student Financial Aid Office must pay in full within one week after the financial aid has been disbursed.
How to Register
All self-sustaining students (Online & Residential MLIS, Full-Time and Mid-Career MSIM) will register online using the link at the top of this page. This includes anyone paying with a credit card, debit card, or the Web-based UW PCE Payment Agreement form (for financial aid). The only students who will use any of the other means of registration are those who must pay with a company voucher, or are registering for a non-iSchool fee-based course. (These individuals should contact UW PCE Registration directly.)
Note: Paper forms will no longer be sent by e-mail. If you are using a company voucher, however, and need a paper form, please contact UW PCE Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of FAQs regarding the online registration system is available here.